Residents are accepted into the veterinary public health and preventive medicine residency program multiple times throughout the year; typically January, May, or September to correspond with the academic calendar. A separate job posting will be available on the University of Minnesota Human Resources site for each opening. If you would like to be notified via email when the next residency position is open for application, email VPHPM Programs Coordinator Sarah Summerbell.
Applicants who do not posses the MPH, MS or PhD degree must apply for the Executive Masters of Public Health (MPH) through the School of Public Health.
- A DVM/VMD or an equivalent foreign degree
- At least one year work experience in private practice, a corporate setting, or government
- Must meet the admission requirements of the School of Public Health (if pursuing the MPH)
- Two or more years work experience in private practice, a corporate setting, or government
Please apply through the University of Minnesota Human Resources online system. Applications must include:
- Current CV
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (professional references)
Letters of recommendation can be submitted online or mailed to:
Attn: Sarah Summerbell
Center for Animal Health and Food Safety
136 Andrew Boss Lab
1354 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108