Residents are accepted into the veterinary public health and preventive medicine (VPHPM) residency program in a cohort eachJuly. A job posting is made available on the University of Minnesota Human Resources site each spring. Typically, three residents will be hired annually, maintaining a cohort of six. If you would like to be notified via email when the next residency positions will for application, email VPHPM programs coordinator Sarah Summerbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who do not possess an MPH, MS, or PhD must apply for the Executive Masters of Public Health (MPH) through the School of Public Health.
- A DVM/VMD or an equivalent foreign degree
- At least one year work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
- Must meet the admission requirements of the School of Public Health (if pursuing the MPH)
- Two or more years work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
Please apply through the University of Minnesota Human Resources online system, and search for job number 328514.
Applications must include:
- Current CV
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references
Letters of recommendation can be submitted online or mailed to:
Attn: Sarah Summerbell
Center for Animal Health and Food Safety
136 Andrew Boss Lab
1354 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108